Sunday, October 5, 2008

Same Torus, New Light

I decided I go ahead and try to re make the Glass Torus scene in Houdini. I chose to leave out a floor texture because I couldn't find one that I thought looked good, and it greatly increased render time and photon map generation time. However, I changed the lighting in the scene to get better looking shadows. I used a spot light for photon map generation, and I used a grid area light for shadows. It took about thirty minutes to generate the photon map for caustics, and then 11 hours to render the image. I like it how it looks; I just hope other people do. It's simple, yet still looks good. Any intelligent suggestions or criticisms are welcome.



http://flickr.com/photos/heydabop/2912048362/


 

Now that I've finished this I'm going to try a scene with prominent Global Illumination.

No comments: