Friday, June 6, 2008

Cell Phones Can’t Swim

I spent the majority of the day at my neighborhood pool doing swim team and just swimming with friends. I went home for lunch, and then again in the afternoon to do some chores. I came back sometime in the evening, because many of my friends were there and the pool was going to be open until 10.

When I came back in the evening, everyone had been out of the pool for a while, so we decided to go swim some more. I had not worn a shirt, because I forgot it with my friend, and my goggles were around my neck so I figured I was ready to swim as is. I dove in, and in about twenty seconds, my pocket started vibrating. I thought, "O, I've got a call...in the pool…" Luckily, I was right next to the edge, so I hurriedly climbed out of the pool and took my phone's battery out. I put it in my friend's backpack and it sat there for the next two hours. I put the battery back in when I got home, and as soon as it was in, my phone started vibrating again. So I quickly took the battery back out. It is currently sitting on my counter, open and with the battery and SIM card removed, waiting for revival in the morning.

No comments: