Sunday, June 8, 2008

Cell Phones CAN Swim

Turns out, I was wrong about cell phones and swimming. They can swim, they just cannot do it for very long, and they have to rest when they are done.

About an hour ago, I went back to my phone and figured I would try it once more before I left for Arkansas. I put the battery in, and it did not vibrate, which was either a good or a bad sign. It could mean that there was less water, thus causing it to stop vibrating. It could also mean it was so messed up, it could not even vibrate. I hoped it was a good sign, and I left to try again in about an hour.

I came back in an hour, and put the battery in. It did not vibrate, so I figured nothing had changed. However, just in case something had, I tried to turn it on. To my great surprise, it turned on. I was so happy I was jumping and running around. This was a huge load off my back, because I did not lose any phone numbers, or pictures, and phones without plans are very expensive. I had to put the SIM card in before I could test if everything still worked. It all worked as if nothing had happened, except my speaker. It is now quieter, and has somewhat of a tinny sound, but it is still damp. I am hoping sound quality will improve as the speaker dries out.

On a side note, my phone is tougher than I thought. It's been dropped to the concrete over six times, fallen in a ditch full of water, and gone swimming for twenty seconds, yet it still works.

No comments: