Thursday, March 19, 2009

Almost Here

I'm so excited, and a little anxious. My desktop that I referred to in my last post should arrive at my house sometime tomorrow! The GeForce 9800GTX+ was replaced with a GeForce GTS 250, which, for the 512MB cards, is basically a rebranded and smaller 9800GTX+. And after exploring PhysX, CUDA, and just modern game graphics, I'm more excited than ever for my computer to get here. Having the new Houdini 10 beta is also nice; as I'm sure it will be fun making smoke with 4 cores. However, I am a little anxious because after reading reviews it appears that sometimes CyberPower PCs arrive is, less than ideal conditions. Not everything is plugged in, something might be improperly mounted, or the worst, the PSU (Power Supply Unit) or another part is DOA (Dead on Arrival). But it also appears they've gotten better recently, I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see. If it is a little less than satisfactory, I guess I get what I pay for. I am currently prepared and able to deal with anything not plugged in to the motherboard, a DOA hard drive, anything not properly mounted, and that's it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cyber power fails at life

-pillbox