Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Physically Based Rendering

After learning about Physically Based Rendering (PBR) in Houdini, I realized it is cool and useful, if one knows how to use it. PBR uses to physical properties of light, hence its name, to render scenes. This allows it to render with caustics and global illumination by the use of "photons". I knew how to do caustics before this, but using PBR makes it more straightforward. After reading up on PBR, I know most of my way around it, so for the past few days I've been messing with it, and here are the results all smashed into one image. All of these are low resolution and low quality renders, because I was just experimenting and didn't want to spend a lot of time rendering.

Physically Based Rendering Tests

http://flickr.com/photos/heydabop/3252569754/

No comments: